For a nutritious bite that helps you nod off and sleep deeply, these snacks all fit the bill. Ideally, you should eat them around 90 minutes prior to sleep to allow time for digestion.
- Cottage cheese and fruit
- A string cheese and a few whole-grain crackers.
- A small serving of salmon or turkey (about 2 oz.) and ½ cup of brown rice
- Plain yogurt with wheat bran
- Peanut butter on whole-grain toast
- A few tablespoons of hummus with whole-grain pita
- One egg (hardboiled, or scrambled with low-fat milk and cooking spray) and a piece of whole-grain toast