Monday, March 7, 2016

Savor the Flavor tip #7 Consult and RDN

"Whether you want to eat better to lose weight or lower your risk or manage a chronic disease, consult the experts! Registered dietitian nutritionists can help you by providing sound,easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice."  In our area RDNs are hard to find.  If you have a serious issue, contact your health care provider to refer you.  An RDN can design a diet for you that will fit in your life style and help you with your nutritional needs. 

If you are interested in learning about eating healthier, there are several options.  The internet has a lot of misinformation, so be careful about the source.  There are many fad diets or foods that circulate through social media with only partial truths. is run by the dietitians association or the American Heart Association websites have accurate nutrition information.  Each state has an extension service, which also has webpages with research based information on many topics.  Attend a program offered by your local Extension Office or call your the Extension Service to answer your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment