Thursday, September 14, 2017

Another Robo Call, How Can I Stop This With Changing My Number

In addition to the text's, messengers, and e-mails we have received tonight while watching the football game, we have received 3 Robo Calls that we have won a cruise because we stayed at their resort and a wrong number.  The robo calls came from 2 different local numbers and then an unlisted number and they came in on our land line and a cellphone.  What are we to do?  Blocking their number does not work.   They just keep changing their number.

 Last year when we started getting 5 to 6 phone calls a day, I did some research and took the time to file complaints and our calls stopped drastically.  It was different because these calls were a live person and the same phone number, however they were selling different items.  Within a few days of reporting them, the calls stopped after 3 months of harassing calls.

You can report "Do Not Call" abuses if your number has been in the registry for 31 days.  Do Not Call even has a way that you can verify if your number is registered.  I checked tonight and one of my family's cellphone was not registered.  So I quickly registered it.  It only takes a couple of minutes.

If you received a call from a live person, jot down the company, time, date, and the number if you can.  This is the information you will need to put in.

This year we are receiving the same two robocalls from a variety of numbers.  According to the do not call registry, we can report these also and they will research into it.  What do we have to loose?  So tonight I opened my computer as soon as my husband hung up and typed in the information.   I hope we can look forward to a quieter evening in the future.

Even if your number is not registered, you can report the robot calls.  How do you know that they are a robot?  The same perky person answers your hello every time with the same spill.  Get the number from your caller id if you can and the company and go to the link below and report it. 

It is worth the time it takes to fill out the form online to slow down these unwanted calls.

Do not call complaint

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. I don't know if I want to change my number or not. There are too many factors that make it impossible for me to change this number. I think all I can do is just to always report unknown numbers to the FCC, and also ignore as many unknown calls as possible. Also, like what I just read at http://www.whycall.me/news/my-4500-payday-from-a-telemarketer/, maybe I could track down those numbers and file a lawsuit against them.

    ReplyDelete