For a healthier back
- Stay active and maintain a healthy weight.
- Stretch before exercise or perform other strenuous physical activity.
- Don’t slouch when standing or sitting.
- Make sure your work surface is at a comfortable height for you.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- If you must lift something heavy, don’t bend over the item; instead, keep your back straight, bend at the knees, and lift by putting the stress on your legs and hips.
- Talk with a health care provider to make sure you’re getting enough calcium and vitamin D.
- Don’t smoke.
Read more at:
Don't Let Low Back Pain Knock You Flat